April 05, 2023
Masala Pizza Using Our Punjabi Masala
¼ cup Indian As Apple Pie Punjabi masala
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
¼ teaspoon red chile powder or cayenne pepper
pinch of salt
green bell pepper, thinly sliced
red onion, thinly sliced
jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon paneer, diced small
shredded fresh mozzarella or parmesan cheese
1. Position your oven rack in the highest position, place a pizza stone on it (if using one) and preheat the oven to high broil – about 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember the stone must go in the oven before you start heating it or the stone may crack. If you are not using a pizza stone, no worries. Spray the tray you are using with oil and then place the rolled-out dough below on it before topping. Be sure to lightly layer it with flour or cornmeal to avoid sticking.
2. In a small bowl, add the Punjabi masala, garam masala, coriander powder, red chile, and salt. Stir the ingredients until combined. Play with the salt level if needed.
3. Roll out your homemade or pre-made pizza dough. Use any bread or dough as a replacement. Use about 2 tablespoons of the mixture for every 8-inch pizza. This recipe makes 2 eight-inch pizzas, adjust according to the number of pizzas you are making.
4. Top each pizza with bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, paneer, and mozzarella or parmesan cheese. Paneer does not melt, so I like adding another cheese. I prefer the harder cheeses like parmesan. You don’t need a lot. You can also omit the paneer if you prefer. I like that it adds an added Indian touch. Another tip is to use homemade softer paneer to mimic soft mozzarella.
5. Bake in the oven 2 ½ to 3 minutes until beautifully browned. Slice it up, top with red chile flakes, and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 28, 2023