December 17, 2021
Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Almond Granola
1/2 cup avocado oil (grapeseed also works)
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Indian As Apple Pie Chai Masala
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups sliced almonds, raw
3/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds, raw
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
3. Combine the avocado oil, maple syrup, chai masala, chia seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Add the oats, almonds, and pumpkin seeds and stir well.
5. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet evenly in one layer.
6. Bake the granola for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven, and then stir.
7. Turn the oven off and return the tray of granola to the oven to cool down as the oven cools, which can vary depending on the oven, but is typically between 4 to 6 hours. This final step results in granola that is chunky, but not sticky because as the oven cools, it pulls the moisture out of the granola. Either leave the granola chunky or break it apart slightly with your hands, depending on your preference. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
January 25, 2023
January 24, 2023