March 15, 2022
Chaat Masala Hashbrown
1 large Russet potato
2 teaspoons vegetable oil (I use coconut)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Indian As Apple Pie Chaat Masala
1. Peel and then grate the potato with a box grater using the side with the largest holes.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil.
3. Add the grated potato and flatten it out so it’s as thin as possible, but all the pieces of potato are still touching. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Because you are using raw potato, it will take slightly longer to cook through. This time also allows the outer edges to get beautifully crispy.
4. Remove the lid and sprinkle the side still facing up with salt and chaat masala. With a wide spatula, carefully flip the entire thing over.
5. Place the lid back on and cook covered for another 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot plain and with ketchup, top it with an egg or serve with a dollop of sour cream, chives, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. I like to use it as a wrap instead of bread for all my sandwich fillings.
Watch me make it!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 28, 2023
September 18, 2023