February 28, 2022
Tikka Masala English Muffin Pizza
1 16-ounce jar Indian As Apple Pie tikka masala *
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (dairy or alternative)
2 tablespoons garam masala
1 teaspoon salt
3 ounces heavy cream (dairy or alternative)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 small yellow or red onion, minced
1-3 green Thai chiles, stems removed and thinly sliced
6-12 English muffins, split in half
1 14-ounce block of paneer, grated
Unsmoked paprika, for garnish
1. Our tikka masala can be used straight out of the jar, but if you want to ramp up the flavor, just add a few ingredients. In a saucepan, add the contents of 1 jar of our tikka masala, butter, garam masala, salt, and cream. Simmer until heated through. * This is enough sauce for at least a dozen pizzas if not more. If you are only making a few, either use less of the sauce or prep the whole jar and save half in the fridge for an Indian meal later. You can also freeze this mixture in ice-cube trays to pull out and make individual pizzas another time.
2. Prepare the onion tarka. In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the turmeric and cumin and cook until the seeds sizzle about 30 seconds. Add the onion and fresh chiles. Cook about 1 minute until the onion softens and remove from the heat.
3. You can make the pizzas in a toaster oven or assemble them on a tray for a regular oven (cut side up). If making them in an oven, preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 4 minutes. This is important, as it ensures they don’t get soggy after adding the topping.
4. Remove the English muffins from the oven. Top them with a layer of grated paneer. Place them again in the oven (toaster or regular) for 2 minutes. If the paneer is too soft to grate, then just sprinkle or spread it.
5. Pull the English muffins out and top them. For each half, add 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of tikka masala, 2 teaspoons of onion masala, and a sprinkle of grated paneer. I like to put the paneer on one side and the onion tarka on the other for presentation. If you want to save these for later, this a great point to either freeze them or save them in the fridge to pull out and heat before serving.
6. Cook the assembled English muffins for 2 minutes. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and serve. You can also add a sprinkle of minced, fresh cilantro.
If you're not up for English muffins, no worries, replace with naan.
Our tikka masala is not only made from my own recipe, it's one of the only plant-based tikka masala options on the market. The label is incredibly clean - you can actually pronounce all of the ingredients! You will love having a jar of this sauce around for a delicious and quick Indian meal any day of the week. Click here to order and learn more.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
January 25, 2023
January 24, 2023